Sunday, January 20, 2008

OPP on MOL DRAFT (Final draft) IM DONE OK?

You know? When asked the meaning of life, a lot of people jump immediately to say "I do not know" or something like a joke. People dodge the question, and it seems a lot of people havent really thought about it. Possibly subconsciously they have, but not that they would just answer off the top of their heads. They are afraid! People do not want to answer because they do not know and a lot of people would like to keep it that way. So, to further my understanding of other people's persepctives on the MEANING OF LIFE, I interviewed a few people. Those can be seen under this post.
My brother, obviously joking at first, ("He starts off with "Beats me!" and then I look at him and he said to procreate and advance the human species. Living the way we're "supposed" to. He has a very pessimistic way of looking at it. He doesnt like to think that we have no control and no say towards who we are.") Im sure has thought about it before. Everyone has at one point, but the truth is, no one really knows. I was happy Manny had concluded with the saying "its different for everyone." It really is!
A lot of people like to think that the meaning of life has a lot to do with happiness, or something as silly as that. People like my brother, who are overly pessimistic about life in general have a better idea of what they think it is. But does that mean that they feel better than those who do not know? Is it better to stay kept in the dark, should you question?, or should you just not care?
Jennifer is a very happy self satisfying person who ALSO loves to bring everyone else into her fun. She enjoys life, its pretty obvious, and because she knows not so much off the top of her head, but still has an idea really says something.
In school, we had given out an interview and when asked "if you were to die right now would you be satisfied with the life you’ve lived?", most of the population of school said NO. Which is interesting to me because all of these kids laugh at the question, "what is the MEANING OF LIFE?". A lot of people take for granted what they do not know. When they finally do take these things in to consideration, that is when a lot of people have enlightenments.
While I skimmed over other peoples blogs, I found this:"Less seniors said that they cared about finding happiness as opposed to other grades." and that really just hit me square in the head. I was just stunned that I didnt think of it previously, that as you grow older, you believe that you are wiser and know more, but there is way too much too know! People think knowing more and being able to "judge better" makes them happier. But isnt a child, who is accepting of anyone willing happier than the man who cant make friends because he doesnt like her hair, or his smile, or my laugh, or anything. you know?

So I had to read other people’s blogs because, DUH, other people’s perspectives on the meaning of life. That’s the point of this essay, is to read in to other peoples ideas on the MEANING OF LIFE. So I read in to Ninya’s blogger and found interesting sutff and definitely exciting. “Other questions on the survey that other people analyzed included one, “what is most important in your life right now?” where the top two answers overall in all the categories was either friends/family or finding happiness. Another question was “if life has no meaning there is no point in living”, to this question most people overall in all the grades answered that they agreed with the statement. And a third question that also appeared on the survey was “what makes life worth living?” and even to this most people said they were not sure about what in their opinion makes life meaningful.” – Nina blogger account YAY. This was from part of the survey we took in school and I found these numbers to be educating and fun. A lot of people really do not know and they do not really want to know they are meaning of life yet, or even put in a thought.

I tend to always find my way back to Elliot, but of course on ninas profile, she asked him what he thought the meaning of life was, is, and what affects him. Heres his answer – “Elliot said that to him the answer was very simple; he thought that to him the meaning of life was that you were born to live a life, and you were supposed to live that life to the best of your abilities. That one sets goals for themselves and should try as hard as they can to reach those goal, keeping in mind that along the way one creates even more goals for themselves that they should try and complete as well. He also said that one should live their life according to what their “dream life” would be like, but if one’s life doesn’t turn out that way exactly it’s ok. All in all though he said that the meaning of life really varies and changes person to person.” I really like Elliots points on the menaing of life, and I think of all people, he really knows what he is talking about, and I think the best thoughts are those that are come up with at that very second and just a random blip inside.
I do not think people should have to know, or at least not yet, and ofcourse people do not know. A lot are confused and don’t know how to where to or anything. I think that’s just fine, normal and EXPECTED!
Thanks NINa and EllIOT

No comments: