How has your own perspective on meaning of life changed since your initial essay?
Boy oh boy has it changed. I have learned so much and changed so many times! Learning a new perspective, meaning or anything having to do with the meaning of life has changed MY ideas so many times over and over. I had originally said this- “Health is so important to life, it means a lot! With out it, life is not fun and not so meaningful anymore.” I think that is true, but is it actually meaningful, especially to the question of what is the meaning of life? Since looking in to the meaning of the question what is the meaning of life, I have interpreted a question by finding the meaning of that question and not the answer. How can you find an answer to a question if you don’t even understand it? What about finding the meaning to life if you are not able to find the meanging of the question itself? After all that we have learned and all that I changed in my meaning of life, I still don’t think that it has actually changed, only been modified from the original. If that makes sense?!. We have heard many different answers to this question by many different people, but it is what we heard that determines if we wanted to change our views.
I think the meaning of life is still to be silly and happy and really enjoy every thing that you can possibly. People cam in to tell us that being kind to others is the meaning of life, and I believe that and can see how people would interpret that as some thing close to the meaning of life. Going to the rabbi in the temple and the church with the priest had showed me how the meaning of life is shown through religion and how the religion affects the meaning of life and life in general.
Praying to an over lord can be a little much to think about times, but I still again understand how some people could interpret life to be about finding happiness in some one else’ life. I like the idea of how some people believe the idea of how the people or things or even beings that they pray to pray on to some one or some thing else.
I still think there is a G-d and I believe that He is there up above the clouds watching over all and helping where He believes necessary.
I have adapted to the idea of life in to death from the course since it is brought up so damn much. The meaning of life for a lot of people is to be born and live your life and then one day die and be buried. I also think when people die they go above all of us and watch over all of us and take care of us when we don’t even know it. I think when people say they see ghosts or aliens it is just the dead trying to communicate with us and tell them they are ok and happy and to take care of them self.
I find life to be exhilarating, exciting, fun, enjoyable, stressful, funny, and all of the above. “It is what you strive for to stay alive that makes you want to know and continue living out your meaning of life” I find this very true and quite meaningful. Why find the meaning of life when maybe the meaning of life is to find the meaning of life. So if you do find it ouot, what happens, do you die? Maybe that’s why people die, because they find out the meaning of life and G-d must take them back, and when they share it, that person is not going to live much longer. How much would that suck? Better watch out An man.
The philos view did not do too much for me, except that Taoism tells me to relax and enjoy what I have. I like that. Going with the flow is a lot easier than running around and stressing to find some thing to do. i would have used a pencil…but that’s just not permanent. I like how Pooh just tells you to be Pooh and just flow like a mirror like river.
I love the idea of art expressing the meaning of life, ESPECIALLY music. I think music makes the world go round and when I hear certain songs, they make me feel different moods, or makes me think of something, and I think that that in its self means something. I think music is a great way to show the meaning of life and express ideas, thoughts, feelings, beliefs and all that stuff. I hear songs that make me think about the love of my life and then I hear songs that make me depressed and just feeling terrible for no reason.
I think when you can find some thing you enjoy doing, you do it. When you find some one you can enjoy and love, you share that happiness with them. And when you finally enjoy your life for a while, you have kids and you teach them new things, all the things, you teach them how to find happiness and let them go out in to the world and experience through their own eyes. Then the cycle can continue. Of course there are glitches, but for the most part, I think life should just be what it is, don’t be silly looking for the meaning of life, just like it and love it for what it is. And If you are not happy, look for a way of how to make your self happier, don’t look for the meaning, just the product.
I think if you can enjoy life for the most part and just have it all set up, then you do not need to question it. THANK YOU
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment